One of the girls from Uni and I both had our RDO on Thursday a few weeks back and decided to head there after meetings with travel agents to sort out flights to America for our holiday this Christmas (now that trip is going to be fricking amazing, I'm already dreaming of all the places in San Fran, LA, Les Vegas, New York, Vancouver, Hawaii that I'll be stuffing my face in and of course all the shopping and the amazing New Year's in New York, skiing in Whistler, snorkelling and quad-biking in Hawaii, Christmas with family in LA, high life in Les Vegas etc. etc. etc. ) but anyway, back to the RDO. We decided for breakfast at the Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is unmissable in Perth's CBD area, it's the only building that's boxy and is covered in leaves/vines/moss thing on the outside. I do love how they used recycled material to make everything, even the seats - recycled pipes with old leather covers. For breakfast at 9:30am, it wasn't too busy, just some business guys having their early morning meetings and coffees. We took a seat in a corner and decided on a breakfast pizza and kimchi pork brown rice. Big dishes for breakfast, but one that would surely last us the whole day. Of course, breakfast isn't complete without a pot of tea for Jojo and coffee for me.
Flat white and Jasmine tea
My kimchi pork brown rice came out in a terracotta plate with a perfectly poached egg on top. The pork was succulent and added that little something that was needed. I also love eating brown rice because it's a little bit chewier than white rice and has a bit more texture. The only disappointing thing with the meal was that there wasn't enough of that kimchi flavour, in fact I only had a hit of it once or twice of eating the meal. I expected more kimchi especially as it was called kimchi pork brown rice! It was also slightly oily for my liking but others may disagree. Overall though I was happy with the meal and loved it. It was also very very filling and lasted me the whole day. Definite value for money for a breakfast!
Kimchi pork brown rice
Jojo had a breakfast pizza. We were a little intrigued as to what would come out as there was no hint on the menu as to what the toppings would be. When it came out there was mushroom, egg, sweet potato and bacon. I was lucky enough to have a slice and I must say I didn't think eggs can work on pizza mixed with the other things, but it wasn't bad at all. The crust and base of the pizza was rather nice as well. She was well and truly full after her meal.
Breakfast Pizza
I can now understand why Greenhouse's breakfast menu is better. The servings are similar to that of lunch, the prices slightly (a few dollars) cheaper than their lunch menu. Their breakfast menu is definitely more exciting and does not have your usual culprits of bacon and eggs. It's worth a visit for their breakfast if you are ever in town that early in the morning. Plus their coffees aren't too bad.





No comments:
Post a Comment