Monday, October 14, 2013

Wine and dine made by Australian Chefs

I feel so horribly bad that this post has been almost 3 months late! It has just been horrible couple of months with work being crazy and life just going at the speed of light.
 
But I believe that when you have two special bottles of wine it should be opened up and poured into glasses to drink and share with friends in celebratory hurrahs. So yes, it is late and I'm so grateful that Wine Selectors have supplied me with two beautiful bottles (and have also waited patiently this post and review) for a me to celebrate with my two girlfriends for new house and to an up and coming marriage of our two close friends. 
 
Speaking of marriage, Wine Selectors gave us two bottles from their Chef Series to sample, which united Australia's favourite chefs with premium Australian wines, the marriage of food and wine! Five celebrated Australian chefs - Alastair McLeod, Frank Camorra, Guy Grossi, Ben O'Donoghue and Ian Parmenter spent time drawing on the expertise of Wine Selectors' Tasting Panel and the talent of hand-picked wine producers to adapt and mould the grapes into drops that capture the essence of the chefs' food philosophy. What resulted was beautiful selection of reds, whites and sparklings for the choosing.
 
I opted for a red and a sparkling white from two great Australian chefs. A Pinot Noir designed by Ian Parmenter and Alastair McLeod's designed Chardonnay Pinot Noir Sparkling.
 
 
To complement the wines we had an intimate dinner consisting of homemade lasagne, fetta and bocconcini salad and finished off with homemade apple crumble and custard.  
 
Ian Parmenter's Pinot Noir had a beautiful violet fragrant in a shade of vibrant cherry red. The pinot noir palate was nothing short of magnificent. Smooth, velvety, light tannins with sweetness of cherries. Complex in texture and flavour and so lovely. Such a pleasure to drink! Didn't want to share it with the girls and when it was done it was such a downer, I wanted another bottle. It'd definitely be one that would reward you now or leave it to age gracefully. Either way, BLISS.
 
 
Next bottle to open was the sparkling chardonnay pinot noir designed by chef, Alastair McLeod.
 
 
It opened with a lovely "POP" sound with a pale straw colour with extremely fine bead bubbles that lifts aromas of fresh brioche. The palate is a little bit acidic but has flavours of apple and grains. I thought I lacked the buttery-ness flavours of chardonnay, which I thought was a big lose. Nonetheless, the wine is perfectly balanced by powerful flavours and finesse along with a matched tightness of acid and mouth-filling texture and would benefit from aging.
 
 
 
I had a great night sharing the two bottles with two lovely ladies and of course watching the classic Princess Bride.
 
 
 It was nothing short of a lovely Saturday evening and Wine Selector's chef series is one I would definitely recommend you checking  it out and ordering. They also have other selections of reds, whites and sparklings on their site too. But the Chef Series is only available on their website and not at any outlet at all. I know I will be getting more of Ian Parmenter's Pinot Noir, such a pleasure to drink.
 
 
To order check out: Wine Selector's Chef series here
For other selection of Wine Selectors wines click here
 
Thank you Wine Selector for the two bottles I thoroughly enjoyed it!
 And thank you for your patience!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram