Nothing is better than raising money for the Cancer Council on a bright and sunny weekend. This involved walking around the Oak Lawn at UWA for 24 hours with family and friends sponsoring your cause. I was part of Chris's time the "Unbreakables" but unfortunately I couldn't do the walk for 24 hours as I had a full day Saturday and again a pretty busy Sunday but I did spend a few hours walking around. Of course you don't have to work the whole 24 hours that's why you in teams and you get to camp out on the Oak Lawn.
There was also a candle ceremony which defined what the Relay for Life is, which is to provide hope for the future, to hopefully find a cure or at least better treatment options for the patients. It was also to remember the loved ones that have died from cancer.
Overall, the candle ceremony was touching and thought provoking. I have lost a grandmother to colon cancer, grandfather who battled prostate cancer last year and my other grandmother who had liver cancer which resulted in a liver transplant. So raising funds for causes like these is close to my heart.



No comments:
Post a Comment