Saturday, October 23, 2010

Told to save..

So my lovely father just informed me that I have save $x__,___ of dollars (that gap btw is a comma not a decimal place) until 2012 so I can afford my lovely apartment by then.

Which means the following cuts:

As of tonight:

** NO coffees from cafes - sorry sweeties if you want me at a cafe I'll come for the goss and to see you lovelies, but I must stay away from buying any.. (Only occasional allowances)  $4.50 x 300 = $1350 (65 days for any off days).

** MUST not have cakes/churros/sweets at cafe shops $6.50 x 52 = $338 (again approximate, i'm sure I don't go and have cake/churros/sweets at cafe 52 times a year, definately less than that, but that's just for any odd circumstances).


** MUST find cheaper means of parking at work, most likely taking the bus - MUST get smart rider to save even more $10.40 x 260 = $2704 vs. $1.33 x 2 (return journey) x 260 = $691.60 therefore, saving $2012.40 (and that's not even including the cost of petrol, this is just the cost of parking).

** MUST not be tempted to buy chocolate/ice-cream/eat at work/go out to eat for lunch at work $10 x 260 = $2600

** MUST not by magazines $8 x 52 = $416

TOTAL SAVINGS (from only cutting down these unneccessary expenses) = $7408

WOW!!

Eventually I must cut down on the amount of shopping trips I do and the amount of fine dining that I do (which is probably the hardest thing ever). Nevertheless, the above already shows how much it costs. It's ridiculous. If I can cut down on this it'd be terrific, because I would have saved a lot, plus I won't get fat, because I'm cutting the junk.

I figured I allow my self at least once a month of fine dining, and once every fortnight of eating out. I mean if I actually calculator the amount of money I spend eating out I'm sure it'd be in THOUSANDS. Scary thought. So I will try, however, tonight I have a S's 23rd Birthday and it's a degustation at Jackson's restaurant. A premium restaurant. So how can I say no to that? Plus, it's a birthday.

But after today I get my gymming back on track (the last two weeks have been bad, I've only been going once a week instead of at least twice a week, plus I've been pigging out. Starting this new job has totally impacted on my waist line and my gucci wallet line) and I WILL SAVE LOTS.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram