Sunday, August 14, 2011

On the Bright Side

I have a whole lot of back-dated postings to do. I've been busy. Work's being exhausting and as such I've been living my philosophy; work hard, play harder which of course means I'm too busy to actually take time out and relax.

One of the things that I did do was attend a winter music festival - On the Bright Side. It had a relatively awesome line up - Tim and Jane, Warpaint, James Blake (his music is so soothing), Foster the People, The Grates, The Kills, The Hives, Pulp.  I particularly loved Foster the People (they were pretty amazing), no one performed as impressively as The Hives (I even got to touch Howlin' Pelle Almqvis chest!) and Pulp was extraordinary. 




The mud and dirt of it all, although this photo was at the start of the day so the ground wasn't that bad yet...



The Festival goers


Foster the People 


Modest Mouse

followed by THE HIVES





(has the cutest butt ever! and he couldn't help shaking it towards us!)


then there was...





 

The only thing I regret was not getting myself more organised and....
a) not getting a pair of gumboots - seeing as the whole ground was mud! thanks to all the downpour that happend prior to the festival - luckily on the actual day it didn't rain! 
b) not matching an outfit to my doc marten's hence couldn't wear it so my converse shoes got killed.
c) damn teens and their inconsiderate pushing and elbowing me in the ribs! not to mention all their PDA, seriously I am not there to watch them kiss! - pfft but hey all part of being at a music festival!


Of course the whole day and night couldn't end without heading to the moon to get some fries with aioli dip. Fantastic music, sqaushy mud, great company and all in my favourite season of autumn/winter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram