Saturday, July 9, 2011

latte induced inspiration at 2am

I just realised I have not written here for over one month! That is probably the longest hiatus ever. All I have to say is that I have been busy every weekend, jammed packed and too tired every other time to bother to write. In this space of time I have probably eaten out a fair too much, have lost weight 3-4kg (although the last 2-3 weeks of massive eating and little exercise I'm hoping I haven't gained it back!). I will endeavour to go tomorrow to the gym, but my latte induced awakenedness is probably not going to help me achieve that goal.

The one thing I have enjoyed doing on weekend (although granted I've only ever done it twice since my absence to the world wide web) is going for brunch in Northbridge - notably on Brisbane street/Lake street - there is Tarts, The Dizzy Witch Cafe and Rochelle Adonis (and if you really want to asian it up - yum cha - heading towards the city). The brunch is then followed by a stroll down William street. Starting at the corner of William and Brisbane street heading towards the city; starting on one side of the road and hitting the boutiques.

My favourite must stop place to admire top quality and amazing prints and wish very hardly to own one is at Outre Gallery. I really do adore that shop. I have an eye on a few of the prints there.

I love the works by Kozyndan. Especially the ones with rabbits. There is something about the use of rabbits to convey cherryblossoms blooming, or a wave crashing is fantastic. It's cute and has this calming effect, and different something different. I don't claim to be an art expert but I really do love his work! In particular the following prints:

"Bunny Blossom"



"Winter Bunnies"



"Uprising"



"A Moving Mass"


I really do want the prints but they are so expensive! I don't have the money to frivolously spend it on limited edition prints! I suppose I could get the posters on Kozydan's website for $15 each + postage. But posters are just not the same or worth as much compared to real prints on oil/canvas/whatever else, even if you do frame it in a beautiful frame.

I also love the work of Audrey Kawasaki! They are just so dreamy. I especially love the following:

"Just Between Us"



"Tangled"



There is also another print that I love, I just can't remember the artist but the print is so whimsical and reminds me of childhood and innocence. It is of a girl in a yellow dress holding a what is to be a hoola hoop (but its also a maze) and a stick and in the background you can see a faint picture of a boy playing the olden day game of hoola hoop which is being rolled by a stick. It's so simple and yet so pretty and calming. I love it so much and I really want it, but I have no where to hang it at the moment and it cost a pretty penny of $345.


Alas, I must sleep on it some more before I invest in anything. But I'm really tempting to walk into the store tomorrow and get the print of the girl in the yellow dress!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram