Having epic weekends is something to look forward to after a long week at work. A few weekends ago, after waiting almost 5 months it was finally the day of the show - the broadway musical, Wicked - The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz! I went with my family and all I can say is I know why it's so POP-U-LAR!
The setting was detailed and amazing, the lighting was well done. The costumes, stunningly detailed and beautiful. The songs and music - so catchy!! and the plot? - well, although I'm not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, I absolutely loved this. I thought it fitted very nicely to the whole Wizard of Oz. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I can say that Wicked is loosely based on Gregory Maguire's 1995 novel 'Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West' and it's about all the things that happened before Dorothy dropped. And of course, like most musicals there are lessons to be learnt, little morals and guidance.
The only thing I was a little disppointed about was that Bert Newton (who was to play the Wizard) was sick and his understudy, although pretty brilliant, was unable to fully capture the Wizard character. He did try and wasn't bad at it. As for the Glinda (Good Witch of the South) - Lucy Durack and Elphaba (Wicked Witch of the West) - Jemma Rix, they were both so amazing! such fantastic actresses!
If I had the chance to see it all again I would! I might even try finding all the songs, they just so catchy.






1 comment:
definitely an awesome show - unpredictable and exciting, highly recommended :) managed to catch it in melbourne 2 years ago, would catch it again if they came back
Post a Comment