One bright and sunny Saturday morning bf arrived at my house early while I struggled to get out of bed due to many late nights. He came with a bag of goodies - chorizos, portobello mushrooms, baker's delight freshly baked bread and eggs. He then whipped out the knife and got to work chopping the chorizos, mushrooms before lightly pan-frying them.

Then he tried his new trick - poached some eggs. Although, he remembered what the Masterchef programme has taught him, he got a little too excited after adding the white vinegar wine to the boiling pot of water he just carefully placed the eggs in. Although, however, not very round and presentation wise the eggs weren't that great, they were definitely poached well, the yolk was still runny on the inside when cut. Alas, he has succeeded in making the perfect poached egg (minus the presentation).
Next, was the mammoth task of making the hollandaise sauce to go with the eggs. After much whisking it was done.
The bread was then toasted, the eggs were dried on paper towels before being placed on the slices of bread, the hollandaise sauce poured on top with the chorizoand mushrooms on the side.
While he was busy in the kitchen, I was busy trying to catch some zzz in order for me to stay awake for the beautiful breakfast he made with much love.
I must say he did a fabulous job, although next time I might remind him to salt the eggs and to keep an eye on the chorizos and mushrooms and not burn them.
Regardless, I can't believe he made me a fabulous breakfast, allowed me to attempt to go back to sleep while he cooks. Massive love.







No comments:
Post a Comment