Sunday, January 1, 2012

Durty Nelly's Irish Pub

After a hard's day shopping for manchester and whatnots at the boxing day sales, it really sucks that the eatery of your choice is closed. Luckily, the reliable pubs are open. We wondered to Shafto lane and opted to eat at Durty Nelly's Irish Pub - a little reminder of our quick whirlwind tour of the Republic of Ireland in October (God it has already been 3 months!). 
I opted for something light and healthy for lunch - a chicken Caesar salad with a poached egg. Unfortunately the egg was a little overcooked, but I think that's because they had let my dish sit in the kitchen and forgot our order.  Nonetheless, the salad was fresh, the sauce wasn't too heavy, and although the chicken was a little dry from being slightly overcooked, it was a generous serving of chicken pieces. Overall, the salad was actually one of the better salads I've had in Perth.


Chicken Caesar

Bf on the other hand went for the "slightly bigger than a snack" section of the menu and had the Durty Burger. He said it wasn't the best but it was certainly filling and hit the spot.


 Durty Burger with fries

I actually enjoyed Dury Nelly's. More than it's competitor and neighbour, the Generous Squire. It was more chilled, relaxed and a very warmly feel to it. The music was a little old - 80s and 90s, but I think that just enhanced the charm of the place.

I wouldn't mind coming back, just to chill out and have a guinness or bulwers cider with mates.

Durty Nelly's Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram