Last Upmarket was winter season and I had an opportunity to have a quick look and discovered two local clothing designers. One which makes beautifully fitted and tailored dresses in mod-styling and bit on the vintage/retro side, Petra Vanessie (she has a Facebook page so do search her). If you want to try any of her designs, her studio and shop is in Ascot and you can make an appointment to do so.
I tried the blue one on and its beautiful but the length is that funny in between length for me as I'm so vertically challenged! 5 feet and the most important 1/2 inch sucks sometimes!
I grabbed myself a dress from their collection and had the pleasure of wearing it when I went to the theatre to see The Nutcracker on Ice. This photo doesn't do much justice and it's rather elegant but with just the right amount of spice and modern twist to it. What's even better is that it'd last more than just one season. I hate when clothes date and I always believe in buying something classic with a hint of the current trend incorporated into it. In this dress, it's the leather collar.If you get a chance, Upmarkets is worth going to, the next one is in September 23rd from 10am to 4pm. Go check it out, there is something for everyone. And if you don't buy something there always cupcakes, cheese and food to try!
Ps. Petra Vanessie will be showcasing her spring collection then and from what I see on facebook the prints and material are so pretty.



No comments:
Post a Comment