Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wardrobe and Pantry

I've been thinking of ways to combine my love for food and fashion so decided to gather some ideas and inspiration from the net such as those from TasteofRunway.

I'm not sure if this would be a segment considering how difficult it is for me to already keep myself updated on my reviews of places I've eaten.. (I'm sure I'm still several weeks behind!).

On the upside bf and I made a promise to ourselves and to each other not to indulge in such gluttony in 2013 and save our waistline and our backpockets. I'm so close to my goal weight too. Even with the massive indulgent 5 week holiday I managed to do some exercise on the Great Wall, on the River Cruise, in the hotel in Beijing, hiked to the Kwaik Htee Yeo pagoda and managed to contract a nasty gastro causing me to lose 2kg (which I plan to keep off once this silly season is over!). So that promise of saving our waistlines and $$$ would mean that the blog would evolve into something more than what it is now (and I've been itching to change it to just a review site.. as I'm finding it so tiresome to just write reviews of things I've eaten.. It's strifling my limited creativeness).

So anyway here's a entirely nonsensical post combining my love for food, outings and fashion. After all who wouldn't want to be dress to suit the occasion! Outfits good enough to eat? food good enough to transpire to wear?


 
Casual linen pants with a beautiful oversized boyfriend blazer for a catchup over cake and icecream with the girlfriends. Who can say no to that? Simple and yet desirable.
 

 
A child's drink of chocolate milkshake can be made so much more interesting with a touch of quality Bourbon. Just like the way a pair of boots can give that "oomph' to a "work outfit".


Bourges styled shoes gives a lovely floaty dress a bit of street cred, modern and yet so old-school. Just like the good old pink lemonade. Who wouldn't want this (or wear this) on a hot summer's day?



Blueberry and Lavender Rhubarb Jam - rich in flavours requires you to wear something rich in colour. Don't you think those colours are the must in any winter wardrobe?
 


 
Sometimes the good ole egg bacon and avocardo sandwich is all you need for breakfast, lunch or hey why not brunch. Topped with my favourite - polkadots in red and white. It seems like the perfect match for any day.


 
A good chauterie board with a beautiful bottle of wine seems like the ideal way to catch up with the girls. Just accompany it with some soothing Buble or similar and I'll say it's pretty picture perfect.
 


 
I love pastel colours on clothing and moshi balls have the perfect array of pastel colourness. Pity there isn't a moshi ball shop in Perth and the pre-packed balls from the Asian stores just don't get it.



I always find ice creams to taste so much better in winter than in summer and sorbets are so refreshing in summer. Try a blood orange sorbet or an intense strawberry/raspberry sorbet this summer and of course you can never have too much coats and you should always have at least one red coat and anything fux fur trim always gives it that touch of elegance. Pity it never gets that cold in Perth.
 
Hmm.. That was rather inspiring.
 
It makes me realise I really need to spring clean my wardrobe. I have so many clothes it's getting a little ridiculous and seeing as it's the season of giving I think it's time to donate to St. Vinnies and I haven't even worn half of what I have in my wardrobe.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram