I had a chance to get away from the city this weekend and I couldn't have asked for the worst weekend for it. I have an assignment due (lucky for me is extended), an application for a new direction to do, my finances to sort through, an endless pile of blog posts to write, work being work and just stress that I swear the weekend away was the worst timing possible. I guess because of all the things I needed to do and because I've been so tensed and grumpy that was the perfect time for it. It was the perfect medication and prescription.
I went down to Manjimup known for growing the biggest truffles in the Southern Hemisphere to celebrate bf's mum's 50th.
We went to one of my favourite wineries in nearby town Pemberton (no truffle farm visit just yet..), Silkwood and stocked up on half a case of their amazing Premium Red (mix of Shiraz, Merlot and Carbnet Sauvignon so damn good!) and Zinfandel. We also had a lovely lunch on their balcony with their gas heater poised perfectly in between us.
The drive to Silkwood was beautiful, lined with the tall majestic Karri trees. Then the driveway to the winery was between Autumn coloured trees, all perfect shade of red leaves. To top it of it started to sprinkle rain ever so softly. Simply beautiful. It almost made me forget that after lunch I have to get back and tackle my to do list. Yes, I brought work down with me.
Nevermind, it was still perfect and just seeing simple beautiful things was enough to allow me to keep calm and carry on for yet another week.


No comments:
Post a Comment