Oh Northbridge how you have grown! From a pesty teenager rampant on god knows what to one where you've started to clean up your act and have a sprinkle of sophistication, a dash of culture and sparkle of arts and quirkiness. I've loved seeing you come of age.
Amongst all that, there will still be patches of not so niceness, but the recently revamped Newcastle street have seen increased restaurants and cafes, along with increased traffic and congestion. One of the latest addition, which JJ and I have happened to stumble on a few weeks ago (before the release of Rob Broadfield's review might I add!) is The Old Crow.
An old heritage house refurbished and renovated to add a very modern-esque glasshouse at the front (resembling very much a greenhouse) and a rather traditional of eras gone by decor inside. Having said that I love the touches of old oil lanterns hanging on the glasshouse area and the succulents in teapots decoration.
We were here for a late lunch, but from what is written on their doors, they should also be opened for dinner. The lunch menu list isn't too large but it's big enough to make it hard to chose what we wanted.

In the end we both settled for the slow roasted brisket sandwich, thousand island, pickled cabbage and fries. I would have preferred that JJ and I had two different meals to make this review a little more interesting, alas it was not to be and either of us was going to forgo our choices.
Let me tell you, the sandwich is huge. We had to cut it into thirds to eat it without it going everywhere. I can most definitely share it with someone, because I didn't even get to finish mine. The brisket was slowly roasted to be tender, it was slightly sweet and the toasted bread was buttered to perfection. It was more than a sandwich it was a satisfying meal. The fries wasn't even needed but it was there and it's hot crispy crunchy chips. The homemade thousand island was a delicious creamy dip for the fries.
This meal was paired with the most satisfying long macchiato. But for those more inclined to start the day with EtOH then there is an extensive list of cocktails, wines and beers available at the Old Crow as well.

The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the black high-waisted pants with black suspenders and white shirts. It really minded me of Twiddle-dee and Twiddle-dum of Alice in Wonderland. Apart from the fashion choices of the waitstaff, they were attentive, patient and friendly.
The Old Crow is intriguing, the menu is different from other places around Perth and I wouldn't mind checking more of it out, perhaps for dinner. I predict their dinner menu would be filled with good surprises.





3 comments:
Yummmm! That sandwich looks to die for :)
Yummmm that sandwich looks amazing! :)
it was soooo good but omg.. huge.. can share!
Post a Comment