Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getting over that hump day

Nothing is better than getting over hump day then starting work before 8am finishing before 4pm, hitting the squash courts before 5:30pm (and finding out it's discounted because of that!) then still having time to soak in the hot showers before layering up to go for celebratory dinner and a glass of red with a close friend, while you are at it, throw in a midweek beef dish special at The George (beef dish with a glass of red or white for $25).

We started the night soothed by the velvety red of Tempranillo, followed by the crunchy goodness of soft shell crabs with capers and aioli - the crabs were delicious the aioli was creamy goodness, capers added a bit much salt to the dish though.

The beef special was suppose to be the wagyu beef with potato and pea puree and mashy peas but the wagyu beef was sold out so they had substituted the beef for a slow cooked lamb shank. I love it how it just fell off the bone as soon as you played with it.

A hearty winter's meal to get over that hump day. And nothing says "congratulations on getting that intern medical spot at an amazing hospital" than a good meal.

To top off the night, I got to wear my two obsessions out - monochromatic and prints that clash. I've been really into animal prints, in particular of the spotty nature, mainly leopard prints. I can't get enough of them, having them in flats, in jeans and wanting a fux fur leopard jacket from David Jones (which was on sale, but alas a little too big on the shoulders unfortunately and one where my mother wasn't too pleased about it). So my dear sweet mother happened to find a black and white leopard printed blazer by the brand Seed, which has a gorgeous cut and provides decent amount of warmth for a blazer. Continuing my spotty theme and clashing prints (and my other obsession - monochromatic dressing) I wore it with my over-sized knit by Natasha Gan paired with my latest buy and an introduction I have been resisting, Black Milk Clothing wet look black tights (which are unbelievable comfortable). I have been told these are tights and not pants and should not be worn as pants and that the top half should cover the butt completely (agreed by JJ and my bf). 
I can safely say, this is the start of the end of my bank account thanks to these tights. Warm, comfortable and hella sexy what more do you want? I think I might get the licks next. Of course a pair of legs should also be shown off with heels and these velvet black "mary-jane" styled pumps by Vangoh shoes seemed the perfect match to my black and white theme, understated and yet totally hot.


And with that..

ends a hump day.. 

not long until Friday and my ONE DAY weekend. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram