Monday, July 22, 2013

Winter weekend

I had such a good weekend(probably the last in a while) of freedom before I work my little heart out (and give up most of my weekends) to save for the massive holiday planned later this year. Excitement is building to a degree, although little research or planning is done since booking our hotels. 

I had a wonderfully busy time with my family. The whole gang was there at grandparents place for combined birthday celebrations which included my grandpa's 85th birthday, cousin's sweet 16 and my uncle's 50th. There was a buffet of delicious food (each family made something.. secret family receipes), stuffing of faces and... feeling a bit like a beached whale after that.

Sunday saw me hit the gym to try to undo some damage. It didn't work so well as the sunny winter's day made it impossible to say no to a visit to the Swan Valley to stock up on pantries made bare from winter nights in. We went in the afternoon so only made it to two wineries - Sandalford and Lancaster before having afternoon tea consisting of a FRENCH Cheeseboard from the Cheese Barrel. 

Let me assure you I made it to the gym today. Although, I ended up making a quick pastry dessert (puff pastry and nutella!.. with a scoop of  conossieur ice cream) after dinner (chicken stirfry and a bowl vegetable soup).. the dessert may have ruined everything once again. 

This battle will never be won.. but at least I get good food out of it..
After all tomorrow is another day.. 


The following photo is at the Lancaster Winery



And some (about a third of the food) and birthday cake (for grandpa - because you know he's the youngest and all ^_^)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram