Monday, February 14, 2011

Diary of a bridesmaid..

So I've been asked by my lovely cousin Miss. O to be one of her bridesmaid. It's an honour to be one, and to be asked by her. I have had her permission to re-account my experiences at being one and what it entitles for me, especially seeing as this is my first time being a bridesmaid and I guess, you don't always get a chance to be one.

Because Miss. O happens to be my cousin I suppose the conversation that takes place is definitely more open and more abrupt and blunt then say a friend. In saying that, it also allows the bride-to-be to ring/sms/ask for advice at every hour, at any hour.

So far, to update, she got engaged to the very lovely Mr. D the day before Australia day and has since then re-accounted her proposal by said Mr. D numerous times that Mr. D has actually decided to record her on one of her story telling so that if he was ever to be asked they can either get his version of things, which is really "i asked her and she said yes" or to hear her version of events, in which case he will whip out the phone which has a recording of the events as told by Miss O. Let me assure you that he did record it and it's probably the funniest thing ever and I guess also somewhat smart thing and he's tried to play it a few times too.

After the initial excitement of being engaged, my cousin became an OVER EXCITED BRIDE-TO-BE and has resulted in her first weekend of being just that turning into a "LETS LOOK AT DRESSES, oh and engagement party! ooh and the date of the wedding" all within 24 hours. After the first weekend however they have decided the wedding will be held in 2011. This meant only 10 months or less of preparation. Let me assure the next two weekends resulted in a rapid checking of their favourite venues followed by a decision and a pick of one of their favourites and the checking of the food of that place (they had dinner there one night) then booking of the place (the reception place), the church (for the wedding ceremony), the engagement party (one for relatives - a chinese banquet and one for friends - a casual bbq) bookings. This was all done within 3 weekends.

Tonight, we made the engagement party invitations. One which involved a lot of fun, laughter and general excitement. The relevations of what it looks like I cannot tell you just yet as the invitations are not complete. We still need to make a pouch. I'm forbidden to write about it until all the invitations are sent.

Until then this is just an introduction and a brief account of what's been happening. Although rest assure it's a lot more dramatic then what I've written, especially with regards to finding the date for the wedding and the venue for the wedding. It's not as easy as I make it out. It involved a lot of flip-flopping around (whether to get married this year or early next year) , the availabilty of the reception venues whilst all the while thinking about dresses, make-up, photography etc. Alas it was all solved.

All we have to tackle next is finding a photographer, which I have been searching for, although the ones I've picked unfortunately have been either too expensive or are part-time wedding photographers (possibly amatues).

OH right and the food for the friend's engagement party, the games, and the decorations.

The fun has only just begun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram