With each passing year the couples that I've known have cemented their commitment to each other and have profused their love by celebrating the wonderful ceremony that is marriage or are going to anyway (although I realise that having said that there will be a group of people who would strong object to marriage - whatever your views keep it to yourself because that's not the point of this post).
I'm a romantic at heart, regardless of all my cynicisms and my questioning of "how do you know if he/she is who you want to be with forever?". I believe there is true love. I love hearing people's stories of how they met, how they got together and of course how they got proposed to/how they asked their girls to marry them. It just gives me such joy and happiness to see love between the couples it makes me believe that there is love in this world. I love hearing their stories because I'm so excited and happy for them and just hearing it makes me feel even more excited and my smile couldn't be bigger.
------------------
A good collegue of mine went home from work one Tuesday afternoon. She's just recently moved into her house and on the front steps to her door she's found a note written on what was once a wall of a cardboard box "I hope you've had a good day". As she opened the door to her house the second wall of a cardboard box read "I think you're pretty". She put her keys down on the dining table, only to have her gaze find another note, "You're beautiful", then another "I really like you", and another "You're amazing" all placed in various parts of the house. Finally, after collecting all the notes, the last one read "Check the freezer". There she found a bottle of Moet champagne. She turned around to find her boyfriend of many years on one knee with a ring and with a nervous smile asked her to marry him.
-------------------------------
One of my friends got whisked away on a boat one weekend, her boyfriend has convinced her that she'll be learning to sail. The skipper took them out to sea, yet not to far that they couldn't see the sandy shoreline there the skipper left them alone while he prepared the morning tea. Before she knew it, her boyfriend was on one knee with the ring clutched around his hand. It took her by surprise and she was lost for words for a least, well, what she claims to be about 30 minutes before saying yes.
-----------------
Another one of my friends returned to her messy new house on a Sunday afternoon. They have just moved in that morning and when she got home she found rose petals all over the hall way then a treasure hunt of notes and postcards written all over the house, before she was finally led to the front mailbox with the final postcard written with the words "Will you marry me?" and there her boyfriend stood behind her with a ring. She said yes, of course.
----------------------------
My cousin on the other hand got whisked away to a fancy dinner which was then followed by a nice surprise, they were staying at the penthouse of a 5-star hotel in the center of the city. The room's hallway was covered in rose petals, there were tea-lights lit along the way and on the balcony with a bottle of Moet and Chandon champagne. Her now-finace had also bought 12 beautiful long stemmed roses which were packed in a box and inside the card was a ring. She cried and he was knelt on the floor and the rest of history.
... I would never get sick of hearing the stories.


1 comment:
I love these kinds of lovey dovey stories too aww...
Post a Comment