Sunday, February 13, 2011

lamb shanks, wine, summer lovin'

We realised that lamb shanks are usually a warm fuzzy winter's day dish, but sometimes when you want something hearty and it's an unusual cold summer's night that it was when we had this lovely homecooked meal nothing can be done but to cook it and enjoy it with the best of company.

My lovely cousin was kind enough to lend her house and was ever so ready to test out her skills in the kitchen and made the lovely lamb shanks, along with german dumplings (which I never really enjoyed too much, but I guess the gravy that was made just did the trick to improve what is otherwise just potato mash, flour/corn starch and water). The recipe she used was from taste.com.au , which I must admit is one of my favourite online cooking sites.




The lamb shank was cooked to perfection, the tender juicy meat just falling off the bone. I guess the only problem that I had was the lamb smell, which can't be helped I suppose.

Her housemates also made spiced stir-fried prawns and a chinese cabbage salad, although different from the European styling of the lamb was just delicious in its own rights.




Overall the evening was a success, good food, good company and a night of Cranium fun.

Life should always be an array of dinner parties. Especially homecooked ones in the comfort of good family and friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram