Monday, March 7, 2011

Eyebrow Threading... alternative to eyebrow waxing...

This weekend being a long weekend involves being lazy and of course self-pampering. The girls and I headed to a local beautician to get our eyebrows done after a morning spent looking at bridal dresses for O.

AL recommeded that we try eyebrow threading, which truth be told I have never heard of. Apprently thats how people in asia and africa wax their legs and eyebrows. It involves a tweezer to plunk stray hairs then just a cotton sewing thread wrapped around the index fingers and held at the end with the beauticians mouth and of you just stretching the forehead and the eyelid to ensure the shaping of the eyebrows is done correctly and to your liking.

It's just so fascinating watching the lady twist the thread around her finger and over the eyebrows and just watching the hair disappear and the shape of the eyebrows turning out so nicely. It's definitely more precise than wax in terms of eyebrow shaping, however it does take longer and costs a bit more.



At first I thought it hurt more than wax only because I've never been a fun of plucking with a tweezer but the threading process itself didn't actually hurt, in fact you can't really feel anything at all.



All in all, I'll have it done again. I haven't had my eyebrows look so nice!

Thanks to O being the model! =P

3 comments:

Nava K said...

I also do threading for my eyebrows, they are so good in giving a beautiful shape of brows. Besides, I pay only RM7.00 and do it in every 3 weeks once. At first, I did feel some pain but now nothing at all.

RS said...

it's a common thing to 'thread' your eyebrows in England. I started threading when I was still studying in M'sia. Of course, the price for a session is waaaay cheaper than it over in England. It's mad at how cheap things can be in M'sia!

www.riskofrain.com

MIss Tina said...

oh cool thats good to know.. i think here the main trend is still eyebrow waxing.. but threading is definitely starting to pick up although majority of places don't provide the service. and it's $5.00 more expensive than the wax.
WOW RM7.00!! that's amazing. I really do want to visit malaysia one day especially for the shopping and the food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram