Thursday, May 19, 2011

Architecture in Helsinki

Gigs on a Sunday night never made sense to me.

It's a tiring and trialing effort to convince yourself it's worth it and that you won't feel too bad the next day at work. This however doesn't work when you had a pretty full weekend, already lost sleep, and had a long seminar the day of the gig, which by the way started at 8am.

All I can say is I was a little apprehensive about going. However Architecture in Helsinki and the support band whom i cant remember who they were (but i rather liked their music and am contemplating buying it), were great performers.

The support band however looked like they were 15-16 year olds and the female drummer really did look young. I just couldn't help think about what they parents said about being in a band and making it etc. And that perhaps they maybe underaged to be at the Capitol. Other than those rather parental like thoughts their music was good, indie rock, and my ears didn't bleed. A little awkward and shy about speaking to the audience - I couldn't understand anything they said because they were mumbling.. Other than that it was good.




see aren't they soooo young??

Architecture in Helsinki didn't perform for as long as I thought they might, in fact they came on rather late almost at 10pm and finished an hour and a half later. However they were fantastic; lots of crowd interaction and actually got everyone dancing and tripping out to their electric and over synthesized music.








Despite my tired state I thoroughly enjoyed them and in a way a little disappointed my cousin made us stand upstairs of the Capitol rather than being at the front of the stage. At the same time I was glad I got a birdseye view as watching people trip out is rather hilarious! And I guess it was also good for my tired and delirious state not being in the middle of the crowds.

As for the after effects of a Sunday night gig and earlier than usual work times I'm rather exhausted and can't wait until after my Saturday overtime shift to sleep in before having to start all over again. Sigh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram