Saturday, May 21, 2011

Melbourne.. 2011.. Day Three.. Easter Sunday..

I got up early-ish despite sleeping at 3am the night before to go to Easter Sunday mass. There is one church that I always go to when I'm in Melbourne - St. Francis, which is on the corner of Lonsdale and Elizabeth street in the heart of the city. Perfect really.

After mass the boys whom I've been sharing the apartment with were all awake and having breakfast, so with my lovely coffee in hand and waiting for the boys to freshen up aka fix their hair the billion-th time they were ready and we headed out to do a quick bit of Easter Sunday trading in the city. I must say re-vamp of Myers looks brilliant and I can't wait until all of it is complete. Now David Jones have to finish their re-vamp and both will be billion times better than ones in Perth, definitely more choice and more brands. We spent most of our time in Centeral shopping mall, which from the last time I was there also had new stores moved in. All I can say is I was very restrained from doing much shopping.  I did get bf a really nice shirt from alpha60 at the GPO store.

Afterwards, we dumped our bags and headed towards Movida (the original one) but it was closed (DAMN Easter weekend!) but we found the other side of Melbourne - the artsy side - the graffiti art side to be exact. It was just interesting watching them re-do the side walls of Movida and the graffiti are a real piece of art. It definitely makes the alley ways a little less intimidating to explore.







We ended up eating lunch at aijisen noodles - it has turned to Sh*ts. Either that or Perth is having better noodle houses. It's probably a bit of both.

After stuffing our faces and shopping some more it was time for us to meet up with the rest of the group and hunt for an early dinner spot, which ended up being this German place - JC and CR were sooo excited because apprently this was the same place as one of the many places they ate in Germany. ALL i have to say is it is probably one of the better German food I've had, in fact it's probably the best German food I've had! and OMG the servings are absolutely ridiculously enormous! Just look at the photos! All I can say is thank GOD I shared!





After our dinner and general rowdy-ness (tables were staring at us as we were laughing and shouting cheers and possibly screaming..) and of course arm wrestling with CR we had to rush to the other side of town to catch Stephen K Amos, who by the way had me in stitches! I was a little upset that I didn't get a chance to take a photo with him because we were rushing to get to Mark Watson, who was rather smart with his humour. I got a chance to take a photo with Mr. Watson and bought his book, Eleven, which is surprisingly a good read. If Stephen K Amos or Mark Watson is ever in Perth definitely go and see them, especially Amos!


After the show we headed back to our apartments to freshen up before heading out, only to discover (and remember) that bars in Melbourne close at 12 to 1230am.


V and me at Cookie

  
JM, LK and CR chilling at one of the last bars we headed to..

I headed back around 1am and stayed up with the boys talking about the meaning of life and what nots, which ended up with all of us going to bed at 5am. We realised the next day that we probably should have stayed up for the ANZAC dawn service - it was only another hour or so more (then I could have said I've gone to a dawn service on ANZAC, another thing experienced!).

Either way, day three ended rather well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram