We were lucky enough to have a cafe at the Crown Casino opening up allowing us to grab some coffee, it was badly needed.
After the rising of the sun and when Melbourne woke up on a glorious Good Friday morning (nothing was really opened) so we did the touristy thing (well at least half of us did) and went to Eureka Towers (the highest skyscraper in Melbourne) and also did the Edge (which by the way was crap so don't do it! - just climb the building and admire the views).
After what seemed like enternity up in the sky, the casino was open so just lounged around in there and tried to win a Bagel winnebago on the pokie machines (mainly JC was doing that!) before thankfully being whisked off back to the apartment to check in and get some nanny naps! Being awake for over 36 hours is NOT cool.
That night we dressed up, headed out for dinner at Box on Collins Street, which was such a tragedy as I ordered the salmon (being Good Friday and a good Catholic) and it was so badly cooked I couldn't believe that this was a restaurant! It was just tragic. I could do better! Disappointed to the max.
Then we headed out to see Will Anderson - third row seats! He was brilliant as always! But, sometimes I think his veins are about to pop! I guess at least he's passionate.
waiting for Will to get on Stage. See only two rows in front of me!
We then headed out to the Croft Institute where you drink cocktails in syringes and the whole place is decked out like your old high school chemistry lab! Hey I guess mixing cocktails is a delicate science, complex chemistry knowledge is required to mix a delicious and deadly cocktail!
The night ended at the best place ever! Melbourne Supper Club having dessert - *SIGH* I had the BEST Sticky Date Pudding EVER!! No competition from anywhere!
JT's Churros - it was an absolute delight - fluffy, crunchy the way a Spanish donut should be!
JC's Creme Brulee - another fantastic dessert well done by Melbourne Supper Club
THE STICKY DATE PUDDING!
GOD I WANT SOME NOW!
I really want the pudding now..
Anyway, despite the lack of sleep I think Day One went very well. ^_^

No comments:
Post a Comment