I was playing around with my younger cousin's OPI nail polishes on Sunday night when I was over at her place. Although I own a crackle nail polish by OPI in silver I've never gotten around to using it. She had a rather blue/aqua/cyan crackle polish so I gave it a whirl.
I put on a coat of white OPI nail polish and placed the blue crackle polish on top. This is of course after putting your base coat on. Then finish it off with a top coat. The crackle effect obviously various and depending on how much you put on it may not crackle much at all.
Please excuse the photo taken with my phone.
I haven't done my cuticles in a long while, you can say good decent 9 months. So bare with my fingers. Furthermore this is my right hand so the nail polish is not nicely done as I had to paint with my left hand and I'm no left hander.
I'm not sure if I'm a fan. I don't know if it's the very contrast colour effect that makes me not like it or whether it's because I like perfectly manicured one coloured polishes. Granted as a teen I used to put two different colour polishes on one nail and place diamontes on my nails too. But alas those creative days are behind and I prefer streamlined neat and elegance.
Hmmm...perhaps if I put the silver crackle on black nail polish it'd turn out like lightning and that be pretty cool.
The verdict is still out as to whether I like crackle nail polish or not...
How about you? Yes or No?


No comments:
Post a Comment