One of my favourite events in the Perth calendar is the Perth Spring Fashion Festival. I particular love participating in the OnWilliam Popsicle fashion festivities. OnWilliam Popsicle allows local up and coming designers to show case their work of art, clothing, jewellery and design.
Last years was a massive event with lots of pop-up stores, entertainment and vintage sales. To make it even more fun for those participating and exploring they usually have magnets to collect, but last year was the first year for the pins/badges (along with the magnets) to collect,which I only managed to get a handful. They are now displayed on my pin-stripped hat.
This year was a little more tamed in terms of events being held, (but there were definitely more fashion shows on) but nonetheless, the talent that's out there is still pretty impressive. I was likely to free up some time on the opening night of the Fashion Festival and venture into Northbridge to celebrate the start of Popsicle. The streets and all participating stores (that were open) were packed with people. Each store handed out italian wines, italian distilled water and San Pellegrino drink - the blood orange is a good thirst cruncher. They also started the pin and magnet collection.
I managed to grab all 15 pins, proudly pined on my Shelock Holmes hat.

No comments:
Post a Comment