Friday, March 29, 2013

The Precinct

The last time I was at the Precinct, I was there for a late night dessert post dinner. This time around, the dinner and the dessert was at the Precinct.

Having been seated at the restaurant area of the Precinct, it was relaxed and the place has such a nice vibe about it, service is still a little lacking. I love that our seats overlooked the kitchen. There is something so intriguing about watching people cook your meal.

Our little group decided to have the truffle infused mac and cheese (x 2 because we were that sure that it would be good) and a side of their chips to share (because handcut chips are usually always good).

Handcut chips with tomato sauce
The truffle infused mac and cheese was - delicious. You can smell and taste the truffle throughout the dish and it just brought you back to your childhood days, except it tasted 100 times better. A little twist on a classic and it works so well.
For the mains, all five of us ended up having one of the two dishes, because nothing else sounded as good.
The boys ended up with the crispy pork belly with handcut chips and apple sauce and gratin.
Pork belly
Bf stated that the pork was cooked very nicely, although the crackling could be more crackled, but he loved it nonetheless. The sauce and the gratin also worked very nicely with the pork. I would state though, on behalf of the boys, it wasn't very big, you may need more dishes.
For me and the girls, we ended up having the market fish, and unlike what it said on the menu on their website, it is no longer a whole fish and one that doesn't need to be shared.
Fish of the day
The fish of the day was grilled snapper with pesto on a bed of herbed mash potato and tomato. The fish was cooked beautifully and the pesto was delicious spread over the top of it. Not bad at all. Satisfying and the right serving size to fill a rumbling tummy.
As for the desserts, we had the same ones as last time, banoffee pie and meringue. The meringue was still a disappointment, needed more lemon-ness.


The banaoffee pie, the receipe changed. it was less carmel and more dark chocolate so wasn't that sweet. Although it did get a little bit too rich at the end though. I think this isn't available anymore in their latest menu.

Overall, the Precinct remains a nice hangout for Victoria Park area. The food isn't bad, the menu changes, which keeps things interesting. They have amazing range of ginger beers and their cocktails are great. One to check out, but don't expect too much.

The Precinct on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I am a sucker for mac & cheese. Never around Vic Park much, but I'll be sure to keep this in mind next time I am! :)
xx T

MIss Tina said...

oh defs check it out.. i know it's such a childhood dish but made we and with truffle oil drizzled through it.. it's such a delight! Believe it or not Vic Park has a few places to dine out it.. Trying to be the next place to dine at I think..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram