Our monthly (or at least tries to be monthly) high school friends catch up took place at Lapa in Subiaco. All you can eat meat feast at a ridiculous price of $49 (plus with the entertainment card x 3 it was further $11 off!) - how can you possibly say no?? (unfortunately some members of the group did - blah they don't know what they missed out on!)
I really should explain what type of restaurant Lapa is. Lapa, as the waitstaff explains, specialises in Brazilian Churrascaria - which literally means barbecue, although they do a la carte menu, salads, pasta and the likes. The interior of the place is simply decorated with a huge feature wall portraying the rooftops of Brazil. The have an open-ish kitchen and TV displaying the kitchen guys getting the BBQ on - which really was useful for us when we were waiting for more grilled cinnamon spiced pineapple. So juicy, so tangy and sweet all at the same time! A must have when you are having the feast (it's not available all the time though - seasonal dependent!).



for better detail of the endless feast please check out Lapa restaurant webiste here.

Cheese bread
There was large array of meats available on the night we went from pork belly, to rump, to chilli and garlic chicken, fillets and even chicken heart! It's so hard to have photos of the meat because they cut a portion of it for you at the table - a decent sized portion and the waiters come around so frequently it's just not one of those things where it is photo possible (or photogenic!)

Clean plate to start with all the equipment that I need to tackle this massive meal!
Waiter serving up the sliced pork belly..
Bring on the fillet!
My plate.. getting messy and taking photos like this is just not well.. blog friendly isn't.
getting our rump on.. the first cut of the meat that just came fresh out of the kitchen! YUM!

Then one of the yummiest dessert-based thing ever - pineapple and cinnamon. It is so refreshing! especially after consuming so much bbq meat - we went a bit nuts and the waiters couldn't help themselves but laugh a little at our excitement (and amount we consumed!!).

I can safely tell you that I am not a huge fan of all you can eat restaurants - simply because the quality of the food is never as good as places where you can have a le carte. But Lapa proved me wrong. The quality of their produce, the cooking and bbq-ing of the meats, it's delicious. Every single cut of meat was perfectly cooked. Succulent, juicy, moist, flavoursome. Nothing was dry (unless you were lucky to be the last table being served the last bit of the skewer in which case it is possible the meat would have been overcooked). But overall it was meat perfection. Only downside is that for me it was salty. Everyone on the table thinks I'm crazy and they think it was fine. Again - I have major sensitive salt buds!! But I admit the salt is what gives it flavour. It was great flavour and every cut was great - I particularly like the chilli chicken and the rump, especially that first cut of rump - slightly crisped on the outside and juicy medium-rare rump meat.
Lapa is definitely one to try! I got my share of iron and protein to last me a while! and the price is just oh-so-right! $49 of endless plates of meat! SCORE! The atmosphere? it's very casual, relaxed and chilled. The waitstaffs are professional and friendly. The parking may be a problem, but then you are heading into Subiaco!
OH and on a Saturday - for lunch you can have the endless feast for $29!!
And why you are there.. why not get one of their cocktails? JUST DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE (otherwise you are just an idiot) - there was a booze bus on the way home - I'm serious, there was. Lucky I only had one drink and consumed a huge massive meal.
Caipirinha
- like mojito but without the mint and nicer.








1 comment:
You completed a few nice points there. I did a search on the subject and found mainly persons will agree with your blog.
venues los angeles
Post a Comment