The place uses more electric lighting and power than the amount used to light up the city of Perth (and that's saying a lot of things!), so its' far from being "environmentally friendly". Although having said that I am NOT saying that they are not, I'm sure they are... OK lets move on.... this of course stems from the fact that they whole entire ceiling of Green and Co. has suspended lighting covered in big paper latern-like ball light dresses (commonly known as light covers), making it quite different and unique from the usual dark, mood-lighting commonly found in other cafes. To add to all that, they have LCD hang up on walls filled with concert posters dating back 10 years or more ago, lounge couches, pool table and old-style arcade games (x2) at the back and lots of card and board games to play with.
So in terms of the food and coffee?.. The few times I've been there they've burnt my coffee (the hot chocolate been good, the tea well.. average for me anyway.. I've been to better places). They don't really have a menu but you know the drill - they have all the usuals; lattes, mocha, long shots, macchintos, chai etc. etc. and a good selection of tea. But, the best part of the place is their LARGE selection of cakes - there are cakes for all types of tastes and preference. From the chocolate-est to the not so rich. There is one for you!
The service? There is no waiter/waitressing service so you order, you wait for your order then take a seat (i advise that someone saves a seat while you wait for your order), they are really quick at making the coffee/tea (despite burning it!).
The ambience? - LOUD, you be competing to hear! but like every good cafe it's relaxing and a good place to catch up and maybe discuss group study stuffs (as no one will tell you to shut it!)
I'll go there for the large selection of cakes, skip the coffee, perhaps have a hot chocolate and just soak up the ambience.
I'll go there for the large selection of cakes, skip the coffee, perhaps have a hot chocolate and just soak up the ambience.

No comments:
Post a Comment