Saturday, September 26, 2009

"What I've found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there..."- Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1958

You walk through the dark wooden door, climb the staircase, where at the top you are greeted by impeccably dressed doorman with a huge smile, black suit and white gloves. Although, the Tiffany and Co. jewellery store in Perth is quiet small compared to that of Sydney, the magic that takes place there is just as amazing.

On the second floor of the building hides the precious diamonds - rings, necklaces, bracelets - the very things that makes Tiffany's so famous, while the first floor, just above street level, jewellery of a more reserved and every-day wearable things lay - just waiting to be worn by beautiful, gorgeous women, girls, teens of all ages - the prefect present for any milestone or for just becauses.

I love just browsing through their diamond collection, fiddling with their charms, trying on the necklaces and bracelets.. but the best bit?..I love watching the Tiffany's salesperson tie up the little blue box with the white satin ribbon and neatly placing it into their blue signature bag. Divine.

My little treasures of Tiffany marks every milestone I can think of. Beautiful treasures each holding special memories - the way a Tiffany should feel - special, unique, memorable. A visit to Tiffany's should always be an adventure.


Tiffany Heart Key - from their key collection (shown above and below)


The Tiffany and Co. key marked my year as a university graduate and the start of the rest of my working life *DEEP SIGH*. Marking the fact that I am now to be responsible.


 Tiffany Charms - Cupcake and "Return to Tiffany and Co New York" Heart Charm


The two above charms represents the love that other people have for me and how it feels to be love. How sweet love is or can be.

I am yet to receive the diamond Tiffany - but like the wise Holly Golightly said, "it's tacky to wear diamonds before you're forty", well, it's not all entirely true, but you know what I mean... I hope.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram