I spent the good part of the afternoon exploring most of the outskirts and hidden treasures that lie in Northbridge. I must say what I saw and the pop-up stores and exhibitions are pretty awesome. I especially loved Igor and Katja, the exhibition of curious artefacts from Curtin's third year Fashion and Textile students at Cabinet of Curiosities
Cabinet of Curiosities
and Prelude 09 - an exhibition of work by Fashion Alumni from Curtin University of Technology which combined photographic and installation piecies - they were just fantastic, inspiring and talented and
Prelude 09
the pop-up store Generics - which offered males and female accessories; I loved what they offered that I actually got this zipped-style clutch. Her products are also available at Planet Videos in Mt. Lawley and Merge in Subiaco.
JACK be Nimble also offered a wide section of quirky, cute jewellery; designed by four very talented designers - and they used this weekend as an opportunity to launch their latest collection. I on the other hand went to Tu to get their last season's design.
JACK be Nimble necklace
Overall; I'm pleasantly surprised by the wide range of talent that resides in Perth. We may be backward and conservative in a lot of things and ways but we do know how to dress, design and live in style.

1 comment:
www.jackbenimble.com.au
Celia did the necklace. She's really creative! as well as her other friends!
Post a Comment