Friday, October 2, 2009

finding that spring love...

As much as I adore winter wear - I believe you just look your best in winter; the material and the cuts are nicer, they are more daring with textures, a look can change so much with little effort and of course there is always this certain elegance and sophistication when it comes down to winter wear and fashion. Alas, the colder months are behind us and the sun has finally come out to play, spring is here. I am out (well trying to be) on a hunt for the perfect spring dress with either flower motif but with definite bright colours. I want something in sapphire/rich blue, yellow, red tones in whatever spring/summer wear I like. I also need new pretty skirts I can twill in. Alas I am unable to find any within a fair price range, everything costs an arm and a leg!

So what do I love right now?

Vintage with a twist of modern. Bows - whether its in a form of a belt or headband. Headband - very Blair Waldorf. Very cute, sweet and sexy. Dresses - flowery, flowy, sweet, sugary, girly dresses. For evening wear? Effortless chic, rock and roll. Shirt dresses. Tunics. Accessorising with hats (because it's summer you be needing one), headband (keep the hair out of the face - it's hot and you sweating!), jewellery, flower clips and fun bright bracelets. And for those cool spring days and nights i love just throwing on a cute cardi, a dressy-blazer/man-style blazer complete with tights or long socks.













Photos from Lookbook Nu

Yes I do realise they are very autumny/winter wear, but I still can't find the perfect spring outfit example. When I do I shall post it and it will be what i will try and find in the shops.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram