Monday, October 5, 2009

the lady in the suit jacket..

It's hard when you are 21 years old tip-toeing on 22 working in a professional setting, having to grow up so much so quickly. Maturing is something that happens quickly. There are things that occur that make you cynical of the world, lose hope in the goodness of humanity and then you realise that people can really be THAT evil.
You learn the importance of good management, leadership and learn to cope with all the bitches/whores/pricks/idiots/stupids of the work place. You learn and try so hard to stay above the work politics (within all departments) but somehow or other you get sucked it.

I'm glad in a way that I'm learning to deal with all the crap that work throws at me, because I'm learning and I'm learning fast and I'm hardening up and trying to grow a thick skin - only problem is I have to be careful not to lose any bits of my soul to that world.

I feel as though I'm going through a quarter life crisis despite the fact that I have a few more years to go. I guess this is what happens when you have to fill shoes that were meant to sit in your wardrobe for a few years until they become "new vintage" and you grow into it. Alas, with that I hope I survive the remaining weeks to come.

I just have to keep telling myself that at the end of the day, what matters is that you TRY and DO rise above all that and you do so by doing your job and do it WELL and within all that you do it with poise, elegance, sophistication and most importantly with style and grace. Because evidently, those that try to bring you down haven't got any of that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram