Ok, so I'm not complaining that I lost weight. In fact I'm so glad that all my hard yard at the gym and every few months my ability to watch what I eat (for at least a couple months) has meant that in the last 2 years I have lost 10cm of my waist and close to 10kg of weight. Slow and steady. This isn't bad considering the fact that I did it the healthy way and as you all know by now I love to eat, and you can tell that hasn't stopped. No fad diets - just portion control, calorie counting and healthy choices (which I am still yet to fully control, because you see I love to snack and have a weakness for hot chips and chocolate!).
Anyway, the upside of losing weight is that I'm healthier, fitter, and probably looking the best I have been in ages. Very much happy. Also I love to exercise now and if I don't I feel a little BLAH.
The downsize is that I
can't fit into half my clothes. The other half I can because they were previously a little on the tight size or they were clothes for when I was smaller. This is a real fiancial burden! My work shirts are huge they don't sit the way they ought to at all, but I really don't have the money to overhurgh my whole wardrobe. Partly because I don't want to throw out all my clothes nor do I want to keep it all.
Usually I would give it to Saint Vinnies, but because I'm a little strapped for cash, thanks to having a mortgage and I really want to go to USA/Canada at the end of the year, so I'm dipping back into eBay. But I'm going to start of with just one item to test the waters.
So I decided to sell and part with a dress I don't wear so much anymore - there is nothing wrong with it, and it's not really outdated either! It's just a waste of a perfectly pretty dress to be hiding at the back of my wardrobe. It's a Wayne By Wayne Cooper strapless dress.
If you like check out the eBay listing here. If this is sold I will be posting more of my preloved and very well looked after clothing. I mean come on, a barely worn (I swear I have only worn it about 3 times!) Wayne Cooper dress for $9.99 it's a bloody bargain!
Anyway, wish me luck! Otherwise it's off to the swapmeets I go! Downside to swapmeets is waking up at an ungodly hour to get a place to start up!

No comments:
Post a Comment