Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gong xi fa cai! (Happy Chinese New Year) and here's to the new hairstyle!

Today is Chinese New Year Eve and it is said that you celebrate by going back to your family homes and spend time with them and of course lots of food is involved.

Apart from eating, (which at the moment the feast is being prepared and I have helped my parents as much as I can with the preparation for our massive feast..(the post of the food will follow soon)) - Chinese people believe that you should cut your hair or trim it before you ring in the new year. This way you have gotten rid of what was bad before to welcome a happy and prosperous year.

A new look for a new year right?

I don't believe in the superstition, but coincidentally I ended up booking my hair appointment with Stephanie Chew owner and hair styler of S2C designs. Colour and trim and a fringe.


Stephanie prepping me for my colour


Colour done! and now sitting under "the egg" waiting for dye to set

She did a fab job I think and it didn't take as long as I thought it would! Yay! And as always reasonably priced at $120 for colour, cut and style for mid-length hair, not bad for Perth hey!?

She was rather busy today so there wasn't as much chatter although I did find out that she just got engaged! How exciting!

Anyway here's to new hairstyle and of course a Happy Year of the Snake!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!


What do you think? Before the haircut on the left - waiting for her to finish with her previous client and the after on the right? I also ended up dying it a couple of shades lighter than my hair but keeping it as natural looking as possible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram