As I get older, as my friends get older, as times change, as priorities shift and games that were played at parties such as the donut string game, the chocolate dice, the apple bopping, the made up games of Captain Planet, the chaseys and hide-and-go-seek disappear and turn into one of sipping coffees in a quaint cafe, of having dinner somewhere local.
It's good to know however that despite all that when we meet there is always laughter, each of us trying to out talk each other just from pure excitement of not having to see each for a while, the jibes that only we can give to one another, the support and shoulders that we provide, the friendship that we've maintained over the last 10 years is still there no matter how life and time change, no matter how long it takes for us to organise a catch up over good coffee.
For that I'm grateful.
I've never been more happy to know that I have true friends. If I take away anything from this life, it's understanding and being grateful for knowing and experiencing all the things I have with the people I know and love.
Here's to many more decades and many more adventures.
I just realised that we haven't had a nice candid group photo for too long. Must start collecting that agains.

No comments:
Post a Comment