Thursday, January 13, 2011

U2 bonanza!

I went to the U2 concert on 18th December 2010 (it's weird, because I can't believe it's almost half way through Jan!! WHERE DID TIME GO?? I swear we just celebrated New Years!), anyway here's a collection of the craziness.

50 000+ crowd doing the mexican wave was definately a sight to see, as well as the lights going out and all 50 000+ people taking their phones out and lighting up Subiaco Oval! I guess the other awesome thing was Bono bringing a girl on stage (her name was Emily) and serenading her, dancing with her and then giving her a kiss on the hand, not to mention grabbing someone's iphone and taking a photo of himself for them. This is of course, without even the need for explanation the stage presence and performance. It was amazing. The stage was massive, the songs executed to perfection and the way U2 just performed. I guess U2 wouldn't be U2 without all the messages about human rights and all. There were people that brought out candles (I'm assuming they are all from Amnesty International) as sort of a memorial for the prisoners in Burma who were taken without reason. It made me want to join Amnesty again. Their course is good, but whether it's effective is another different thing, after all it takes effort from everyone, but ONE person caring is a good start.














 

LUCKIEST GIRL EVER wouldn't you agree??































Making their final exits.

Unforunately because I had my grandma's birthday dinner, I missed out on Jay Z, but nonetheless I made it just before they came on. It was brilliant and I'm glad I went.


At the end of the night trying to leave, so many people!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram