January
January saw me enjoy the height of my summer and probably my last every official summer holidays without even a hint of travel (just plans and talk, and something that didn't lift off due to friends being unable to travel/just not a good time for them/no travel buddy resulting in my parents saying a BIG FAT NO!). Apart from that..I was no longer a Big Day Out virgin (which undoubtly I couldn't be bothered writing about!). It was a sold out crowd on the hottest day in January (and possible all of summer). It was tiring but it was fantastic.
It was also the month that saw me take a trip to the zoo and took my Chiro for a spin.
Along with discovering the quirky burger place that is Novambar's Cafe (which would then become an obessession amongst my friends, fierce competition to achieve eating the impossible yummy burgers).
February
February was the start of my 6 day working week, learning important lessons about working as a real professional and discovering that I'm rather good with getting things done well ahead of the deadline. February was the start of many self-discoveries.
I also enjoyed winning a bet, which saw me dine at Lamont in East Perth with Orange.
March
End of March saw me take a quick and spontaneous escape from Perth and fly to Melbourne with S, where we went nuts with shopping, hit the bars, went to a wineray and ate our hearts out. The food critic in me went nuts on this trip. IT was just fantastic being able to eat at Vue De Monde.
And of course March was the month where there was that freak hail storm, where I drove through crazy rain that I couldn't even see where I was driving (worst decision of my life!). It was also the month where I received a flower from one of my patients. It was also the month where Mum, brother and I watched Chicago the musical at Burswood.
April
April saw us spend the first week or so in Melbourne before returning to Perth where I spent shopping, eating and just having fun (this is of course in amongst working for a few weeks as a locum). It was also the time where I met and spended more time with someone who is now my bf.
It was also the time that I went on a short road trip with JT and S to Lancelin. Rode my first Monster Truck, went sandboarding and spent a few hours along WA's beautiful coast.
Above photos are from the beachside area between Lancelin and Moore River
Below are photos of Moore River.
All this was taken on our 12 hours roadtrip to Lancelin.
Moore River, where the river meets the Indian Ocean.
Has awesome views and places where you can canoe, kayake and of course swim.
May
20th of May to be exact was when bf and I officially became a couple. I can safely say that it has gotten better and of course like all relationships requires work, communication, compromise and lots of understanding. It was also the month of many golf sessions, from driving ranges to supagolf. Something that I must admit I've started to enjoy, even if I can't play to save my life!
On a personal note, my family celebrated my Mum's birthday in style by going to Grand Palace Restaurant at the Esplanade.
June
Trip to Sydney was taken in June. Just a short weekend trip with S. We were on top of the world during our Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb, where it actually started to rain, it was amazing to watch the sunset and the lights of the Sydney city come on. We also went whale watching. Watch the soccer World Cup at the FIFA Fanfest at 4am in the morning. The atmosphere was electric so it kept the chill at bay (that and the weather was actually warmer than what the temperature was in Perth). Had a degustation at Aria. Ate fresh seafood at the Sydney Fish Markets. Met up with Al. Went to Bondi. Shopped. But because it was only 4 days, the trip flew by us. It was also the trip where I forgot my camera, so no photos except from the ones on the Bridge. I really should grab the photos of S.
Us on the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
the photos below are all from S's camera.
Sydney at sunset
On the Sydney Ferries
Whales!
The Whales go sooo close to the boat, it was only like 5m away at times!
Sydney behind an angry cloud
With the massive seafood platter at Sydney Fish Markets
At the Fifa Fanfest before the game!
Apart from the trip, I got cultured by going to the state museum and watching/exploring the pompeii exhibit. Which included a 3D animation at the beginning. Hence the funny huge glasses pictured below!
July
July saw me dress up as the other half of twaddledee (or was i twaddledum?) at M's 23rd Disney themed party. It also result in watching Mamma Mia at Burswood Theatre. Got cultured at the Art Gallery by seeing Patricia Piccinini's work. I also managed to bake greentea cupcakes. On top of all that, I attend On the Bright Side Festival where Angus and Julia Stone, The Strokes, Art vs. Science and many more performed.
August
August, my family celebrated my Dad's birthday with an epic amounts of food/dishes at home. It was fabulous. I also participated in my first City to Surf event (and hopefully in 2011 I'll be doing more than just walking). Levis also invented the best pair of jeans, ones that actually fit me perfectly and make me feel HOT. The Curve I.d. is just brilliant (i'm serious!). I also started a fulltime job at this place which was really full on. However, it was just the stepping stone to a pot of luck that was just around the corner. The pot of luck is currently the job I'm at. But the place I was at for 5 weeks taught me so much.
September
Oh September brought more changes, the end of September saw me work at the current workplace I am at. It took me 9 months to get to where I want to be with so many obstacles placed in my path. Even now as I write this, whether I want to give this position a go with all my heart or pursue something I've wanted to achieve but haven't gotten it is something I really have to think about. Choice is never an easy thing.
I also went to my first Vintage Charity sales at Mt. Hawthorn. It was an interesting event and I scored a few items of value (well I thought was rather good find). My appreciation for art took me to the Perth Fashion Festival in September, in particular to the Outskirts on William. There I saw interesting comtemporary artworks at PICA, creativity being unleashed in up and coming designers at Popsicle and of course my favourite, awesome photographic works, in particular by Amy Vinicombe.
October
October saw my friends and I participate in raising awareness of cancer by Relaying for Life for the Cancer Council at UWA. It was also the month I started learning to sail and got my Barista license to make coffees. The end of October saw me take a short weekend away to Rottnest Island with a group of friends. A wine tour/Spring in the Valley took place in October, as did Jojo's engagement party and of course, the annual Royal Show. S also celebrated her birthday at Jackson's Restaurant, which much to my dismay didn't live up to its reputation. Perhaps, it was having a bad night.
November
November saw me turn a year older. I celebrated by aving a beach picnic on the actual day of my birthday, going to High Tea at The George the day after and having a buffet dinner at Hyatt with my family. It was also bf and my six month anniversay. We went to the C restaurant. I was spoilt rotten by everyone, I've never felt so much love. I saw how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and family around me.
December
The month of December brought my demons back. My dissatisfaction with where I am in life combined with the frustration of feeling like I'm stuck seemed to have taken hold of me. The festive season came by a bit too quickly, something of a shock in a way, but definately a welcome break. I didn't have time to review, reflect and meditate to prepare for the Christmas Season. There was the Bon Jovi and U2 concerts, as well as the epic Christmas dinner at JJ's and of course the family dinners.
Overall the year went by in a blur. There are so many things and places I've been too and have failed to mention.
I've managed to achieve 3 and a half of my new years resolution made at the start of 2010. The half was for the use of my camera. I didn't do too badly with that one, but I was still using auto-mode. This year will be the same resolutions but with less whinging and more action being done.






















1 comment:
Many ups and downs in 2010 but stay bright and positive for 2011 x
Post a Comment