Monday, March 1, 2010

Labour Day Weekend..

WARNING: *long wor-dy, "this is what happened" post ahead!*

I love how we have all these long weekends - some of which I don't even know why they are there or whether it's of any significance. This weekend happened to be labour day long weekend.

It wasn't exactly "labour" free, so it wasn't  a long weekend for me, having to work both Sunday and Monday, but it's definately one of the better weekends I've had in a long time. I actually pushed myself to go out - drunk lots of coffee to help do that!! - instead of just coming home from working and setting my butt in front of the square box.

My weekend started on Thursday (sort of - well at least the "let your hair down" bit did - not that anything was extreme - but it beats TV!). I went out with JJ - we stopped at ikea for JJ's $2.50 dinner (LOL such a cheapie student!!) and for the jam donuts, before having iced mocha, maltesars at the movies.We watched From Paris with Love - surprisingly good, but probably due to John Travolta's character, otherwise the movie would be pretty bad. He just made the movie. We both went home pretty satisfied and tired!

Friday night at San Churros I managed to squeeze in a rant and rave session with my friends. I was sooo upset from a day of hell that I ended up eating one of their raspberry, vanilla ice-cream and churros dessert and having a cookie cha cha shake. Good desserts are always so damn good. Then we browsed around the closed shops of Subiaco - I managed to find some awesome boot at Hoobs which I promised I will get, but probably not until next Saturday afternoon or a Thursday night if I'm in desperate need of shopping (which I think I am, because I haven't gone on a shopping mission in a while and Autumn should be around the corner and I just love autumn/winter fashion stocks!!).

Saturday was the usual Chinese school - which I'm enjoying greatly. It was also a very hot, so cancelled my lunch date with S. She kindly informed me that where Mr. Samurai restaurant was there is now a brand new Japanese restaurant - have to try it out one day, and it better be exceptional because I loved Mr. Samurai and their awesome awesome awesome chicken katsu curry!!

Sunday was work, where I spent some of the time checking out my favourite fashion stores and compiling a list of must haves. Managed to squeeze in a fiori mocha, bought two cupcakes from babycakes for my brothers, ate yucky deli pasta salad and forget my laboratory manual from Curtin. I also made it to church, just before my car ran out of petrol - however I was smart enough to get it just to the station before it died - I'm awesome like that! Then we had a family outing to the movies to see Up in the Air. I didn't realise how old George Clooney got - I barely recognised him. The movie is interesting and could have easily been a boring film if it wasn't for the excellent cast and crew.

I managed to work on the public holiday but at Curtin. It was such an interesting experience guiding the third year pharmacy students. I'm actually really surprised as to how much I've retained, although I haven't done compounding in 3 years. It's so second nature - which is really good. But I have to learn to mark more consistently, but it was my first day, and what an awesome learning curve this whole teaching experience is. I love it. I'm hoping I can take on more marking, especially for fourth year students. I feel more comfortable with the dispensary, OTC and clinical topics. Compounding is just really technical and specific, which I guess is good, keeps me updated.

I ended my weekend at my aunty's 50th which was at The Cove. An indian restaurant in Attadale. I love how the restaurant is in an actual house - a huge house. The only problem I have though, is the fact that they only have one toilet. And I mean literally ONE female toilets! It's a little ridiculous. OH and with the food, some of it was a little salty and their beef is really dry and tough, but they do make good chicken and love their indian ice-cream!

Now, I'm exhausted. I have work tomororw - back to routine. I just pray it's not going to be crazy. But it probably would be, after all it's the day after public holiday. Seriously though, I need recovery time. Need my weekends back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram