Wednesday, May 19, 2010

how to get over HUMP DAY..

Wednesday, it's Hump day. Half way through the week, yet not close enough to see the weekend yet. So how do you survive the hump day blues? Easy... grab friends... and have fun!!

This is how we survived our middle of the week! (which is actually our day off... and sort of my weekend..)

Start the day with brunch anywhere really... we chose West End Deli, because last time we were here it was rather nice... Unfortunately, this time around it was VERY disappointing.. although it was filling, the food very very average, in fact my poached egg seemed to have gone cold by the time it came to me. My mocha was too milky, couldn't taste the chocolate. S's steak and mushroom pie was nice and hot, but it seemed a little dry, which she said it was, it needed more gravy/sauce. To top it off, the bill was ridiculous, over-rated. Might be a while before I come back, if I come back, I'm sure there are nicer places.

After brunch, got some bubbletea, before heading to BHS to see some old work friends, sat with them at their lunch half hour, before heading to Whaleback golf course - because they had a driving range, and I've never played/held a golf club before. It was surprisingly fun and I'm sure was rather entertaining to watch me attempt to swing - which I can't, because I can't seem to be able to bring the club above my hips, due to years of playing hockey! All I can say is it was so much fun!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Because the day was still young, well, 4pm, and the sun was shining in the middle of autumn, we decided to make the most of our off day and go to places we haven't been to in ages, and that happened to be King's Park (and they changed the entrance!! more pedestrian friendly!) - more specifically to the Synergy Park and attempted to run from the Synergy Park to the DNA tower in my oxfords (BAD IDEA!), but we didn't make it very far, we weren't wearing appropriate footwear!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



We watched the sunset on the DNA tower before heading into the city for drinks, dinner and karaoke madness... where C took his top off... there was lots of love... PARTY in the USA.. and rocking out to guns and roses and bon jovi...

Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


OUR wednesday finished at 11:45pm.. and I would have to say we successfully managed to survive the uphill battle to the middle of the week and ended it on a note which privy to a good ride towards the weekend!

ps. this was last week, yesterday my hump day wasn't as exciting. I blame that solely on having to recover from a busy weekend and from work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram