ROADTRIP of course!
S, JT and I took the long weekend Monday to drive up 127km (approximately 1hour 55mins) from Perth to Lancelin, meeting at JT's place, where we found him half dressed and half awake going.. "HUH WHY ARE YOU EARLY.. oh WAIT it's 830 already!"...
We loaded the beamer with food, drinks, and every junk food imaginable before heading onto wanaroo road and driving north, with pit-stops at the petrol station and maccas, all included, of course.
First rule of thumb on any roadtrip is to make sure that your driver... is WELL FED and is awake... even if this means having to feed him while he drives...
After 1 hour and 55 mins of trying to chase a ute with awesome 3 x RED QUAD BIKES and racing passed them and overtaking drivers that drive 20km/h below speed limit, we reached the desert.
Ok fine, it wasn't the desert that stretches out in the middle of Australia, but it's the sand dunes that Lancelin is famous for. Along, with it's marine life and ship wrecks and yummo crayfish.
The ocean is the frontyard for the residents of Lancelin, while the sand dunes are the backyard, and boy is it fun, one big giant sandpit to play in! All you need is a quad bike, sand boards, motarcross bikes or better yet...
why not..
A MONSTER TRUCK!!
ALL I can say is that this THING IS AWESOME. Especially on the sand dunes.
It's like a rollercoaster, but not.
And our driver is crazy, and mean and picked on me and S the whole time...
HE ROAD DIE with the wax on my sandboard before I sandboarded down on my belly - doing the penguin-style sand boarding... MEAN BUM.
Anyway, see the tyres are like BIGGER THAN ME!
I can sit in it.. and still can't reach the ground.. -_-"
JT being THE MAN!
S climbed the tyres..
rraaahh.. pfft I can make a scary monster truck face see!
The controls that runs/drives the monster truck!! They all different colours and look like joysticks!
I can totally drive this truck!!
ooo pretty buttons...
Heading into the dunes.. after which there are no more photos because we were screaming and laughing our heads off!
In the sandy dunes.. JT being the pimp.. he's the man! The tour guide person was sooo jealous!
Classically jump shot
Throwing one of the kids off the dunes, which was about 30m high!
truck with the ocean view
JT comtemplating going down the dunes..
Penguin style!
Teeny tiny JT at the bottom.. now to climb up the dune again.. there's a butt and thigh workout for you right there!
S getting her board waxed
S surfing it down.. standing!!
S stacking it... OUCH!..
but look at the awesome-ness of the photo i took ..
it captured it at the right minute.. but no wonder why S's shoulder/arm
hurt the next day...
-_-"
Then the funniest sight EVER... two quad bikes getting stuck...
and i believe it was the guys from the ute that we were chasing after on our way to Lancelin..
ps.
(yes I DID go down and I got photos, but seeing as I'm always the main photographer there are less photos of me so HAH no stacking photos! ^_^)
S and JT can vouch for that!
so can a few photos that were taken of me.
pps.
lancelin was only the morning of our roadtrip.. the next few hours were just pure perfection and one of the many reasons why i love my job.


No comments:
Post a Comment