It was a full moon tonight
And I realise whenever I'm back in Perth
I'm grateful for seeing the bright big yellow moon rise above.
I'm glad that there aren't that many high rises (apart from the CBD) area to cover nature.
I'm glad that when I stroll along riverside, the foreshore
I'm glad it hasn't been damaged by man-made harbours and annoying bars and cafes
Whether it's on a humid night...
when I take that stroll along the foreshore
to the Narrows Bridge from the Bell Tower,
the breeze finally rolling in from the coast cools my body and my temperment down.
Then the nights when the river is alive by the lights of the city
and the way they shine back, reflected from the glassy water to brighten my eyes
Then on days when the sky darkens grey,
heavy clouds sit low on the surface of the swan.
The intoxicating mixture of the smell of rain
and slow ripples breaking over still water..
I cannot help but love our sleepy city, Perth.

1 comment:
I would love to visit Perth one day, that pic is beautiful =)
Post a Comment