Firstly you are going to say... "hmmm.." except for all you green tea lovers..
But let me tell you that it's delicious when it is fresh out of the oven and is nice and warm and moist and it's healthy-ish. It also gave me an excuse to use the match powder that I bought from Tokyo and Kyoto.
I modified the receipe I got from mashi so the receipe..
90g butter at room temp
75g sugar
2 eggs
125g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g ground almonds
50ml milk
2 tsp matcha powder
75g sugar
2 eggs
125g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g ground almonds
50ml milk
2 tsp matcha powder
Firstly I ran out of baking powder, so I opted to use self-raising flour (i'm not sure how much I used because i went with according to the mixture's texture as I was folding the flour).
I didn't have grounded almonds so I used fresh almonds and grounded them up in the motar - because I was a little lazy to ground it finely, the end result was the cupcake had a little bit of of an almond crunch.
So firstly, you..
Preheat oven to 180'C.
Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add the eggs and continue to beat. Gradually add the flour and baking powder (in my case I added the self-raising flour), then the almonds.
Heat the milk in a saucepan, remove from the stove and add the matcha tea powder. Leave to soak for 3 minutes, then beat it all to remove any remaining clots. Add the matcha milk to the dough and incorporate well (do not over mix or your cupcake will be tough)
Matcha green tea powder
Distribute the mix between a 12 muffin tray, bake for 20 minutes.
You can use as much matcha tea powder or as little as you want - it really depends on how "green tea" you want the cupcakes to taste. The sugar is the same, my matcha is not as sweet, so I added a little bit more sugar to my cupcakes.
Happy baking!

1 comment:
Glad you enjoyed the recipe and cupcakes. I'm still making them on a fortnightly basis coz they're just so good x
Post a Comment