Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mamma Mia

As part of a very busy social week - Thursday night consisted of us (Mish, Mish's friend Tara and Me) braving the howling winds, the pouring rain and thunder to watch Mamma Mia - the boardway version at Burswood Theatre (which has been playing from June 5th until August 1st).



It was fantastic, it was more humourous than the movie, the cast can actually sing (unlike Pierce Brosnan - who played Sam) and the set and the costume (during the show) was simple, laidback and really was very like idyllic Greek island.



What I loved most about it all, apart from having all the great ABBA hits (and tapping my feet along to it), was the end, when they sang some of the hit songs in outrageous bright sequenced lycra tights and was all very ABBA-like.

 
To top it off, almost the whole entire audience got to their feet and danced and sang along to the songs. That is why I love going to theatre, each play is always so different. I've seen Chicago and Phantom of the Opera, but this is probably the first time I've seen audiences jump up and dance and sing. But then again, it is ABBA. ABBA makes us do crazy things.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram