Friday, July 16, 2010

An Education is perfectly fine.

I finally got a chance to see An Education. It's one of those films with witty dialogue, interesting characters, dreamy scenaries, and a plot line about coming of age, learning about life and that only you know what's good for you. I'm sure wikipedia would reveal all for those interesting in what the movie is about..


The one thing I love most about the whole movie, it isn't so much the fact that the plot line is great (which it isn't really), it's more the costumes (and the dialogue - I've always like movies with intersting, witty, thought-provoking dialogue).

The lovely Carey Mulligan (who is absolutely sweet, cute and adorable), who plays the protangonist, Jenny in the movie, dawns such lovely fabulous 60s flocks. The perfectly coiffed up-dos, the glamourous make-up and fancy jewellery and all those simple yet figure-pleasing dresses, (that doesn't need boobs or bums to be showing! - in other words - class).






It makes me even more determined to get rid of all the jeans (except perhaps my Levis and my Calvin Kleins) in my wardrobe.

Go and watch it if you haven't yet. Even if it is just for the costumes and Carey Mulligan.

1 comment:

mashi said...

I want to see it now, thanks for the review x

I have to agree, sometimes, clothing can be very flattering to the figure however with no boobs or bums showing hahahaa Looking forward to investing in more classic dresses

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram