Sunday, January 10, 2010

Movies by Burswood

Saturday night was absolutely perfect, not to hot with a cool breeze (in fact it was chilly for a summer night) my cousins and I went to the annual summer event - the moonlight cinemas event. It's even better, because there was no mossies (thanks to the cool weather!) and the cinemas were showing 2 movies for the price of one and D and his brother were kind enough to give me this awesome voucher so A and I got in for FREE!! yay!! So what was on? --

Mao's Last Dancer



and..

Time Traveller's Wife



I haven't seen Mao's Last Dancer when it was shown, so giving this opportunity to see it at the outdoor cinemas was a good thing, granted it's a little old. I still rather liked it. I kept analysing the whole thing and thinking how glad I am that my grandparents (on both sides of the family - mum and dad) escaped the cultural revolution by Mao - who bloody destroyed China's long historic culture (by removing everything and anything that distinguished "classes" - oh like that can be removed!.. anyway that's another different post all together).

A and I didn't stay for Time Traveller's Wife but O and D did.. (ahhahha OD hahah ... T_T i'm so lame!!)..
and you should have seen the line to the toliets during the break between the two movies... crazy.

Outdoor cinemas and the Perth Arts Festival are one of the few things I love about summer in Perth. If the night isn't too balmy hot, it's perfect to go outside, ARMED with insect repellent (to cover yourself with if you are prone to bites like I am), wear maxi dresses/summer dresses or top and shorts and lie on a picnic rug/sit on a picnic chair and have a picnic while the sun is setting and watch the movie afterwards. Perfection.
And to top it off, Movie by Burswood are all charity based - so proceeds goes to a good cause - the kids of Perth!

Check out what's on next by going ot the Movies by Burswood website. Because I still have two more free tickets and 4 more $6 tickets so I want to go again... who wants to make it a night!!!??? . OO and then there's the ones in King's Park - The Moonlight Cinemas (where I always get bitten by mossies T_T..) - - I want to see Pulp Fiction there!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram