Summer time is one of those things where festivals reign supreme! Perth loves their summer festivals and the place is always pumped with energy!! The spirit of the festival fashion isn't always there though, with most people opting for.. well, no style.
But I'm glad to say that, amongst that 40 000 people at the Big Day Out, I saw a few number of people dressed very very nicely.Unfortunately, I didn't bring Chiro along, thus, no photos of the bands or people for that matter, I only had baby chiro with me and she's just not as fun and gets abused wayy too much that she chucks a tantrum and doesn't always take quality photos. T_T""
In terms of music, the best were; Kasabian, Calvin Harris, Powderfinger and Muse. I have no idea what dizzy rascals were about and it was... well... crap. Eskimo Joe are always good live, Kisschasey was surprisingly good, Hilltop Hoods were masters of making the crowd go crazy, the Mars Volta - I kind of tuned out, opps! and I missed Lilly Allen but according to my brother, she was very upright and crazy but her vocals just didn't carry. And I must say silent discos are crazy awesome, especially when everyone starts doing the macarena and people outside were like WTF. HA.
I leave you with photos from the day. You've been warned beforehand that there will not be any photos of bands - although I was quite close to the stage for Muse but no photos - it just doesn't work at BIG DAY OUT festivals. So just be happy with our smiley faces.
The two main stages and the "small" afternoon crowd
Waiting in line to get into the Silent Disco
At the Silent Disco
D & J awww brotherly love
At Calvin Harris and my poor attempt at the photos above the crowd - pfft like as if a five foot tall girl is going to get any shots - especially when the stage can't be properly seen... *SIGH*
Big Day Out at sunset - waiting for Powderfinger and Muse
When Powderfinger was performing
The Big Day Out mascot for this year - just before Muse was on - The stage was being set up
The following photos are my baby chiro's poor attempts at getting Muse. We were at the barrier which separated us from the mosh pit. At least there wasn't anyone covering the view. I could clearly see them.
Yes, I do realise that it is about ONE week late. Oh wells, I've been busy. I hope everyone else that went to BDO enjoyed themselves.



No comments:
Post a Comment