Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the gentle pulse of stillness..

I've always been one of those "weirdos" that love the night. Throughout school I've always studied better when the sun was down and have never been a morning person. I'll rather sleep in than sleep early.
 
I like the sounds of silence at night.
There is something about the dead of the night that is so comforting. It wraps me around like a cloak when I shut my eyes and listen to familiar noises.
 
Maybe it's actually the sound of the not-so-silent that i enjoy so much then.
A kind of stillness about it
like a gentle pulse or rhythm.


A song woven by the harmony of different notes.


The faint whir of my laptop charging under my bed,
The summer night breeze as it wheezes through the leaves of the tree that's outside my bedroom window
The sound of my own breathing.
Rise and fall, rise and fall.


This not-so-silent is the melody of my night,



like a lullaby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram