Sunday, February 7, 2010

Land of the Rising Sun - Japan Top 10

I'm writing about something a little different only because I miss travelling so much. The following is some of my favourite "outside of tourist" activities in Japan. I want to go back. This time to areas I haven't been to and maybe some my favourite areas.

But before I do, I want to touch Europe first - thinking of the 20day topdeck tour then doing 2 weeks of the United Kingdom in April by myself. I'm hoping on the tour I'll meet some brilliant people who are also going around by themselves - if not in England I'll have my relatives so it'd still be good (in fact probably better).

Japan Top 10

1. Go to Disneyland/DisneySea Tokyo!
Although our trip was only to disneyland, disney sea has more of the OOMPH. We just didn't have the time to do both. *SAD**SAD* and to top it all off, of all the days we chose to go to disney the day we went was the RARE day it POURED with rain after about lunch time - for the whole time and it was bloody freezing!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 2. Dress up as a Geisha/Samurai in Kyoto/Hakone!

A little bit of culture, a little of sass, and a whole lot of fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

3. Ski your way down the slopes of Hakuba mountain ranges!

It's breathtakingly beautiful and oh-so-fun and dangerous

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4. Drink tea the right way by participating in a tea ceremony in Kyoto!

Cultural and traditional experience. A quiet serene experience away from all the hustle and bustle of japan. Plus it's good for you!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5. Give hugs and what-nots to harajuka guys and girls!

This is the only place in the world where people are willing to dress the way they want and there are no judgements

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6. Attend an anime convention!

Then you will totally understand why it's cool to be a little nerd! PLUS their costumes are awesome! A statement to the fashion-world!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7. Go to a MAID cafe!
*SQUEE* can you say KAWAII!! *FANGIRL*

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8. Cook and eat OKONOMIYAKI!

BEST and HEALTHIEST FAST FOOD EVER!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

9. Eat SASHIMI and SUSHI and all things SEAFOOD at 7am in the morning at Tsukiji Fish Markets!
The freshest seafood ever. It just came off the boat quite literally. And it's so yummmmmyy! and just an experience on its own. LOVED IT!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10. Watch a Kabuki theatre!
This is plainly for cultural and traditional experience. It's not for everybody and make sure you only chose the SHORT versions! It's the slowest play you will ever see! but elegant nonetheless. I personally found it a little too slow!


No photos as photos aren't allowed inside when the show started!


EXTRA: Attend the RANDOM christmas markets around japan (if you are there near christmas!)
Just to see the lights, eat the foods, and soak in the atmosphere!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Above - Tokyo Tower @ Xmas Eve
Below - Osaka German Christmas Festival @ the Open Garden Building (which I aptly named the building with a hole in the middle!)

 
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram