Monday, February 15, 2010

Homemade Dinner Parties

One of my favourite things to do is throwing a dinner party. I have yet to host one, because I have yet to master Jamie Oliver's Jamie's Ministry of Food or the Women Weekly's 1000 reciepes (which also contains cocktail and various fruit drinks to make!).

Yet on one of the luckier occasions to have all my cousins together, I baked my awefully looking cake, but it tastes soooo good - not everything is about looks!..

 

Chocolate Fudge Cake from "Epicure Chocolate"
 
it oozes chocolate on the inside, so moist, rich and damn yummy, especially with a dab of ice-cream poured over with baileys, because we can.


From dessert we make our ways to the mains - well at the dinner party we did it entree, mains then dessert, but you know... whatever.

 

Potatoe Cheesy bake - hmm.. the colours look funny in this photo..

 
 

Simple baked chicken pasta

 
 

Tandoori Fish

 
 

Chilli Mussels and because it's us, it's extra extra spicy, which I can't really take but ate it anyway

The entrees consisted of a naturale oysters with touch of lemon for that zest and semi-kilpatrick style.

 
 
 
 

And of course there were salads. Because we love our salads.
I think we are due for another dinner party, it's been about 6 months. 

I might start trialing some receipes from my cookbooks, now that I have more than just desserts only receipe books. This would also allow me to bring something other than cupcakes and cakes to family events.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Instagram